FBI Director tells Congress new evidence didn’t change probe of Clinton emails
Posted: 3:32 pm Sunday, November 6th, 2016
By Jamie Dupree
Just two days before the election, the FBI Director has informed Congress that new emails belonging to a top Clinton aide have changed nothing in the bureau’s investigation of Hillary Clinton’s emails from her time as Secretary of State, meaning there is no change in the decision to not to charge Clinton with any crimes.
That news was relayed first by Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT), the Chairman of the House Oversight Committee, one of the panels that has doggedly pursued Clinton in recent months.
FBI Dir just informed us "Based on our review, we have not changed our conclusions that we expressed in July with respect to Sec Clinton"
“We were always confident nothing would cause the July decision to be revisited,” said Brian Fallon, a spokesman for the Clinton Campaign. “Now Director Comey has confirmed it.”
The news was a rare ray of light for Democrats on the email issue, which has hung over Clinton and her campaign like a black cloud for months.
In his letter, the FBI Director said his agents had “working around the clock” to review emails that had been found on a device shared by ex-Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY) and his estranged wife, Huma Abedin, a top aide to Clinton.
“During that process, we reviewed all of the communications that were to or from Hillary Clinton while she was Secretary of State,” Comey added, saying his original determination not to charge Clinton had not changed.
Comey letter: "We have not changed our conclusions that we expressed in July with respect to Secretary Clinton." pic.twitter.com/aa1eG4JZFo